I was at the grocery store today with the kids. I was standing in the aisle looking at prices and noticed a middle aged man standing a bit further down the aisle. I could tell he was watching. He stood there for a good while, and finally spoke to me.
Him: "Wow, all those kids and you look amazing! I mean, you really look good!”
Me: "Oh, thank you…"
Him: "You just look great, do you even gain any weight when you’re pregnant?"
Me: a bit taken aback "…Well... I guess I’m lucky and have good genetics."
Him: "Yea, you sure do. Wow, you just look great; do you even have to do anything to look so good?"
Me: "Well I like to run too, I just ran a marathon four months ago."
Him: "Oh that’s good…so how far?"
Me: "Uh….the race?"
Him: "Yea"
Me: "26.2 miles"
Him: "Wow! Well it definitely shows, you look awesome. Yep, you can sure tell. Keep up the great work. You look amazing!"
Me: "…Thanks…"
I wasn’t sure whether to feel flattered by the compliments, or offended at being so thoroughly ‘looked-over’ by a complete stranger. Hopefully it was meant it in a good way. But it did leave me wondering if there are really many people who have no idea how long a marathon is….
2 months ago
4 comments:
Okay a little weird coming from a strange guy, but so, so true! You *do* look amazing before, during, and after pregnancy.
You do look great, and yep, lots of people don't know that sort of thing. What was scary was that I once had to explain to someone in the store that 2 yrs and 24 months were the same thing.
That is cool Angela! You do look great! You are beautiful. It's nice to get compliments like that. The neat thing is that not only are you beautiful on the outside but beautiful on the inside.....and you have a handsome husband and 3 beautiful boys to boot! Okay, I am a proud Mom & Grandma!
Love,
Mom Tanner
Some people's children... *sigh*
It does make for a good story =)
Post a Comment