We went to church on Sunday. It was a neat meeting, and then we said some tearful goodbyes to wonderful friends we’re really going to miss.
We went back home, finished loading up all those last odds and ends and took off for the new city. We made it around 4:30, and began the task of unloading. We didn’t really want to call anyone to come help since it was Sunday, and we really didn’t have that much, so we just unloaded all by ourselves. Even Jacob and Caleb were great little helpers. Fortunately our apartment is right on the end of the bottom level, so we were able to go right from the trailer to our outside porch. No stairs!! Yea! We paid our dues with stairs on our last apartment! It took us about 1 ½ hours to unload everything, which really wasn’t bad. And luckily we got done right before a snowstorm hit that dumped 4-inches of snow. This week I’ve just been unpacking and organizing. I don’t really want to get too settled since we’re moving again in less than 2 months, but it is nice to have some sort of a home!
The new apartment is going to work great. It’s awesome to have 2-bedrooms again! The kitchen is a little small, when I open the dishwasher it nearly touches the other side of cabinets. And I’m not kidding when I say I can clean the whole kitchen taking no more than 4 steps. It’s pretty crowded even with just 2 people, but it’s cute in its own ‘little’ way! I’m also looking forward to the day when we’ll have our own washer and dryer in our own apartment/home again. I think you tend to take that for granted. It sure nice to be in the same area, and we’ve enjoyed seeing all our friends again. The boys have really enjoyed going back to preschool again, and I’ve been reminded just how busy life really is!
These are a couple pictures taken of the boys from a couple weeks ago. They decided it would be fun to jump on the couch. I made them stop, but took a couple pictures first. :)


No comments:
Post a Comment