Thursday, March 5, 2009

Doctor Visits

Today Jacob and Matthew had Dr’s appointments. It was Jacob’s 5- year old visit, and Matthew’s 15-month visit. I know we’re one-month behind, but I wasn’t about to make a 5 hour drive for a couple Dr’s visits.

Jacob weighed in at a whopping 48 pounds, and was 46.5 inches tall. He's 88th percentile for weight, and 97th percentile for height. I knew he was tall, but I didn't expect him to weigh so much- to me he looks more on the 'skinny' side. I guess it's the weight of all that muscle right? It’s amazing to think how much he’s grown since he was born! No wonder I have a hard time carrying him in from the car when he falls asleep. He was great for the appointment, passed everything with flying colors and didn’t even flinch during his shots.

Matthew weighed in at 23 pounds, and was 32.25 inches tall. He’s definitely dropped down into lower percentiles for weight (20th percentile) since he’s started running around and climbing on top of everything. He’s too busy to pack on the pounds, but he’s still a little taller than average (almost 70th percentile). This was a sad visit for Matthew in that he had to have blood drawn (they test for lead and get a general blood count) plus 3 additional shots. It’s hard with babies because their veins are nearly impossible to find. The nurse stuck both of his arms with no luck, but sweet little Matthew didn’t even make a peep. The doctor finally came in and was able to get an IV in his hand. Matthew cried a little, but not much. Now the shots were a different story, I think by the time they got to the three shots, he’d decided he was done with needles! I’m glad it was quick & over with.

5 comments:

Perfectly Imperfect said...

I cry harder when they get shots than they do.

Kari said...

Hi Ang! It's good to see that you graduated to a two bedroom apt. with those growing boys of yours!
Glad to hear that things are going well & that you are still just as optimistic as ever!

Joey and Michelle Chandler Family said...

Matthew looks so grown up in that last picture! I can't believe how fast our babies grew! That stinks he had to get poked so much! I think it's even harder for mom than it is for our tough little kids. :(

Caity said...

Growin boys! I hate shots. It's so hard having them get them, huh?

The Tanners said...

Wow Jacob, you are growing so tall and handsome. I can't wait to see you and your brothers.