Most people have known for a little while that we were going to make a temporary move. As part of the schedule, Jeff has two 4-month rotations during his 3rd & 4th year working at a veteran’s hospital
At this point, all I can say is that I’m glad it’s Monday and we’re finished with our move. (There is still a lot of unpacking that needs to happen, but I’m not too worried…) Saturday morning I got back from a 13-mile run, and running a few errands at
The rest of the day was pretty much a blur. Lots and lots of packing, organizing, cleaning, lots of DVD movies for the boys- it definitely was not the greatest “mother” day on Saturday…, I’m just glad it’s done. We ended up pulling an all-nighter and left early (
I was so excited to see our new little place.
Our apartment is a little small- just 1 bedroom, but I would guess that it’s very similar to the size of our old apartment. So we have one less bedroom, but that means that the living room, bedroom, and kitchen are all bigger. I love the layout and design, and I think that we’ll really enjoy being here for the next four months.
The apartment complex we live in is just a 7 minute walk from Jeff’s work, so we can see his hospital and he walks to work every morning. It’s a very quiet, clean, nice area, and we’ve seen a few kids around. We have the bottom, corner apartment-it’s nice to have a break from stairs for a little while. You walk right into the living room that also has a decent sized storage closet. The dining room is also right next to the living room & there is a big sliding door/window that leads to a little patio right out the back. While we don’t have a fenced yard, there is a big grassy area between buildings that the boys love to run around and play on, as well as a little playground in the complex that is about a 3 minute walk away. The kitchen has less counter space, but it’s good sized & has a dishwasher & disposal. The bathroom is a little small, but it’s cute & very blue. The bedroom is good sized, plenty of room for a queen bed & about 3 dressers. And the walk-in-closet is plenty big for clothes and Matthew’s pack-n-play. There are really only 2 downfalls: 1- is that there isn’t a washer & dryer 2- there isn't really a place to run, which makes it a little difficult since my marathon is just over a week away.
It really is a great little place and we're excited to be here. I’ll take pictures and post them once I get our new place more in order & unpack our card reader. Right now I’m enjoying getting settled and not having much else to worry about. I’m excited to spend time enjoying and having fun with my kids.
8 comments:
I think we told you that Owen served in Wilkes Barre--Dalas area./on his mission and I was in the scranton area for 6 months--not too far from where you are. a 1 bedroom? You're brave, but like you said, you'll look back on this and probably laugh and wonder how you ever did it when you're living in your big old bad house after residency!
It sounds like you guys are doing rather well. I have to tell you how much I admire your good attitude and perspective. These adventures are going to be so much fun to look back on. And I love the tin foil idea, I'm going to have to try that!
Good luck! Sounds like it's been a crazy move, but I hope you enjoy your time there. Life is never dull huh!
Your family sure has had a lot of adventures over the years! It sounds tight, yet fun! Good luck on your upcoming marathon!!! I'm excited to hear how everything goes!
I miss you guys! Church is NOT the same without your amazing family. I can't wait till you come back to visit. I really want to come up to visit as well, maybe Ted and I can make a weekend of it, are there any hotels near by?
~Stefanie
Oh my... it takes an incredible mother to live in that small of a place with 3 little boys! If anyone could do it, it's you!
I'm glad you guys made the move! I'm sorry you don't have a washer/dryer....you are one tough lady! I hope your runs goes great this weekend. make sure to post about it!
I'm so glad to hear that things are going well!!
Post a Comment