We had a fun Thanksgiving this year. Originally we were planning on making a trip to Virginia to be with Kimberly & Mike, but Jeff ended up having to work early Friday morning so rather than make long drives only to turn around a few hours later, we decided it would be best to just stay here in Wilkes-Barre. It actually ended up really fun. The bishop’s wife told me that a big group of people would be going to the church for Thanksgiving dinner. So I made homemade rolls, a dessert, and fruit w/dip and we went to the church. It ended up being so much fun. We were able to meet lots of people and having fun socializing with everyone. There were a couple younger families and one in particular that also has three little boys about our kids’ ages. It wasn’t quite like being at Grandma’s with family, but a great alternative when you’re far away.
Thursday night after coming home, we thought about going bowling, but didn’t get back soon enough. So we ran a couple errands and actually stopped at a pre-Black Friday sale. Michaels had cricut cartridges on sale for $29.99! (they’re normally $90), so I was able to run in quickly that night and didn’t have to go out at
When I asked the boys what their favorite part of Thanksgiving was, Jacob replied, “Eating pumpkin pie & making new friends.” Caleb’s reply left me feeling a little guilty, he said, “Umm, bowling.” Oops. We’ll get there soon. 
I was pretty proud of Jeff on Friday. In the past, Jeff and I have been fans of Black Friday and enjoy getting out and getting the deals. Once you add kids to the picture, it changes. Jeff has become our ‘sale’ man. We usually don’t get much, and sometimes he doesn’t even go out. This year he mapped it out and was out at
I love Thanksgiving. It was a fun holiday with the family.

No comments:
Post a Comment