During the week, we decided to make a trip to the temple on Saturday. It’s been a little while since we’ve been down, plus we had missed Mike and Kimber on Thursday so we thought it would be fun to meet up again. We were both a little low on sleep, so getting up at
The drive is definitely longer from
Jeff did a session first and I got the boys dressed -we took them in pajamas, and then we spent some time in the visitor’s center looking at all the pictures, and displays as well as the huge assortment of beautiful Christmas trees I opted out of the ‘nativity’ displays. It was a room filled with all sorts of beautiful nativity sets…I could just imagine what could happen with three curious little boys…yikes. After the visitor’s center we got our lunches out of the car and did a little picnic lunch. The day was beautiful and sunny so we were comfortable sitting outside. Somehow during all this time, I missed Kimberly’s phone call that they were at the temple. So they ended up going in just before Jeff came back out to meet us. I hurried in after and was able to do a session.
After I finished, I met up with everyone else and we had fun visiting for a while. We decided to go get something to eat and went to Baja Fresh. It was a lot of fun. I love being able to spend time with Kimberly & Mike. The boys absolutely love them, and we feel fortunate to be able to spend so much time with them. We enjoyed our time eating, talking, and laughing. It was sad to say goodbye, Caleb wanted to go with Aunt “Bobo” and Uncle Mike, but we convinced him to come back with us. We would miss our Caleb! From there, we started our long drive home. Fortunately we didn’t make any wrong turns on the way home, and Jeff and I enjoyed having the time to visit on the way back. We do a lot of driving and traveling, and even though it can get old at times, I love having that time to talk with Jeff. And once again, I had the camera and great intentions…but came home without any pictures. We got home late Saturday night, but really had a great day.
3 comments:
Sounds like a good trip, I've never thought of just swapping with Glenn, we might just have to try that! I'm glad to see that you had a good Thanksgiving too. It's going by so fast, next thing you know, it's going to be the new year!
Isn't it amazing how challenging it is to make it, but when you do it feels so good!
I'm impressed you went to the temple doing seperate sessions and driving four hours! Wow, I complain that our temple is 45 min. away... Sounds like you had a fun Thanksgiving, that's great the ward got together. That sounded like fun. By the way that profile shot of Matthew really does look like you did!
Post a Comment