We decided to take the boys bowling in the afternoon. Jeff found a great little place about 10 minutes away. I just love the small town feel here, the bowling alley had a typical ‘old fashioned feel’ with a little arcade, burger & fry eatery, and was full of families, teenagers, and old vets enjoying the afternoon. Everyone there was sweet as could be. As another huge bonus, other than the bbq & burgers, it’s a smoke-free facility.
The boys had a blast picking out their bowling balls, and helping Jeff order a pizza & fries; and as expected, their favorite part was the bowling. They did very well, and Jacob even managed a spare almost all by himself. Caleb showed his typical personality saying, “I wanna do it myself!” every time.
Jeff and I liked to give Caleb little assistance just so his ball would actually make it down the lane in under 5 minutes. It was pretty funny to watch the boys- and all the dropped balls, kicked balls, almost-thrown-down-the-wrong-lane balls. Caleb accidentally stepped over the line at one point and had a pretty impressive, but otherwise painless, slip onto his backside. Matthew wanted to get at the bowling balls too, but we managed to keep him away. He entertained himself by running around by the candy machines, and playing with the line ropes at the snack bar.
Jacob and Caleb had pretty good games with scores of 73 and 62. Jeff and I didn’t bowl too stellar, but we were both over 100, and Jeff was well ahead of me. I think I’ve become a bit wimpy over the years. I used to regularly bowl with a 12-
3 comments:
Everytime I see your family I think of how unfair it is that we are here and you are there! I love the days off with dad. Nothing beats dad in bowling shoes! We bowl a lot - well, I guess to be truthful I should say WII bowl a lot. We got our kids a WII game system last Christmas and it's one of all of our favorite toys. I'd rather bowl without the foot cooties!
You are awesome to run. Go! Fight! Marathon!!!
How fun! I love going bowling, it was one of our pastimes in my family growing up!
I agree that motherhood makes us more wimpy.:) Aside from my lack of muscles I'm not near as brave as I used to be either. I just think to myself, "I can't do that! It's dangerous and my kids need me!" Now I know why my mom wouldn't do some of the crazy things we used to do as kids. ;)
Post a Comment