Saturday, November 22, 2008

A Nice Slow Week

This past week has been nice & slow! It’s fun to be busy and active, but every so often I love a week with not much to do! Here are some random things from the past week along with some random photos. (This profile shot of Matthew looks a lot like me as a baby.)


The weather has gotten cold with some days’ high only into the upper 20’s. My boys have been thrilled to see snowflakes falling sporadically throughout the week- nothing has really stayed on the ground, but it’s fun to see the snow anyways- especially with Christmas music playing on the radio. (Matthew loves dancing to the music while wearing my race medal- he puts it on by himself.)

I’ve finally come to the conclusion that Matthew is completely and utterly a daddy’s boy. I know he loves me, but if he ever has the choice between the two of us…he will almost always choose Jeff first. All of our boys have loved their daddy, but Matthew is by far the biggest daddy’s boy! When Jeff leaves for work in the morning, Matthew will run to the door and just cry, even if I’m with him. And when Jeff comes home from work, Matthew will literally drop everything he’s holding/doing and run to him. He loves to be with Jeff, play with him, and give him kisses. It’s so sweet and Jeff sure loves having his little buddy.

With the weather being so cold we haven’t spent much time outside; 25 degree days just aren’t much fun for playing outside. Tuesday afternoon the boys were going a little stir crazy so I remembered something we used to do as kids- make paper airplanes. The boys had fun coloring their papers then having them folded into airplanes and spend the rest of the day (and the rest of the week) flying their airplanes around the house. It’s amazing what a little paper can do for entertainment!

For FHE this week we did one of my favorite lessons- the “Thankful Tree”. I love doing it with the boys and seeing the different things they’re thankful for. (Food, books, grandma, friends, milk, ninja turtles, bed, Jesus…) We had fun writing things on leaves and sticking them up on the tree.

4 comments:

Perfectly Imperfect said...

I'm sure it is merely an oversight that I wasn't mentioned on the Thankful Tree - I will assume that I am an "...". I love the weeks were there is more snuggling than leaving - by anyone. AND there is nothing that I love more than a child who shows supernal delight at the reappearance of his father! Hooray for your week - it is a reward for your cute blistered feet!!! You are an awesome person Angela! I've always known it - but everything I learn about you makes it even more true. I am so glad that Heavenly Father made you and Jeff get together and that He made us friends.

Monte and Brittany said...

what an awesome idea to do the thankful tree. i cant wait till i have kids that can say things to put on there.. a guess for now.. it'll just be monte and i. and what we know coles thankful for.. ( BALLS! haha)

Lanelle Barber said...

My Paul has turned into a daddy's boy too. It can be bittersweet for me to have daddy be the new favorite - on one hand it touches my heart like nothing else to see the special connection between my sweet little boy and his daddy. There is also nothing that makes me love my husband quite as much as when I watch him laughing, teaching, playing with, and loving my kids. But on the other hand, sometimes I am selfish and secretly enjoy being the one they go to first with boo-boos, stories, and kisses.

What I do know for sure is what a blessing supportive and loving husbands are, as well as amazing children. :)

Kristie lee said...

I love the Thankful tree. That is a really cute idea. I especially loved the one I could see that said, "cars that work." I guess the boys learned something from your crazy marathon weekend. lol I miss you guys a lot. Hope you are enjoying yourselves out there in your cute new little place.