Friday, August 29, 2008

Love 'Em

I've been meaning to do this entry for about 9 months now. Right after Matthew was born I started looking around for different recipes to give lunch a little change-up from the same old sandwiches. There was one particular recipe for homemade pitas, that I immediately fell in love with! I've always loved pitas, but don't necessarily like the ones from the store. A- most are expensive B- they go bad fast C-the sides stick together and don't make a nice little 'pocket'
I found this recipe and it became an instant hit. They're easy to make, easy to store (you can freeze them) and entertaining for the kids -and parents- to watch while they're baking! Just wait. Plus they're a healthy & cheap alternative to others. I like to substitute whole wheat flour-you can choose . They're great for use at breakfast and lunch.
If you're looking for a new recipe to try, this one is great. Your kids will thank you for it too!

5 comments:

nathalia said...

YaY! I remember you talking about these and I'm so glad you posted the recipe. I'm gonna try 'em!

Caity said...

Homemade pittas are fun! I tried a recipe my sister gave me. I'll have to try this one too! Thanks for sharing!

jor said...

Sounds yummy...what do you put inside for your kids?

Sorenson family trio said...

The pitta's look great... I printed off the recipe and am excited to make them.

Eric and Caralee said...

Thanks for posting these, I can't wait to try them!!