Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Matthew is 10 Months

Another whirlwind of a month gone by, and my baby is yet again, a month older. Matthew is really starting to develop his own unique little personality and boy does he let it show! Here are a few things of what he's been up to over the past month.
  • He’s become quite the speed crawler, he can get around pretty darn Fast! He has a cute little ‘compact crawl’ as we like to put it. He has perfect little form and takes tiny little crawls with his arms & legs, it makes him have a funny little wiggle when he crawls.
  • Favorite new snack: baby goldfish.
  • Likes to clap his hands. When he's sitting down and he's really excited and happy he likes to shake his hands really fast. (He also does this when he's mad or wants me to pick him up out of his crib)
  • Stands up to the couch, chairs, crib, etc. Likes to slowly walk along them & hit them with his hands.
  • Loves to explore everywhere- which means lots of baby-proofing and lots of messes! He’s a little mess maker, especially when it comes to nice stacks of paper, books, toys, etc.
  • He loves to pull clothes out of drawers and can completely empty a nicely folded drawer of clothes in less than 1 minute! (Don’t ask how I know this…)
  • Love his food! He’s always hungry! (must take after his brothers)
  • He thinks he’s a big boy and wants to be right in the center of the action with the older boys. Sometimes this results in injuries. J
  • He’s getting to be more difficult at church. He’s squirmy and a bit noisy.
  • Diaper changes have turned into wrestling matches.
  • He’s a major chatterbox and loves to chant all day long. (da da, ma ma, ba ba, and all sorts of other cute little baby sounds)
  • Matthew likes to click his tongue & can actually do it pretty loud. Sometimes if I’m playing with him, I’ll click my tongue back at him. He laughs and thinks it’s pretty funny. Sometimes he responds like a puppy and will come when I click my tongue!
  • One of his newest favorite toys is the all time classic assortment of pots and pans.
  • He’s starting to be interested in books, mostly just turning the pages, but he has his favorites. ‘Touch & Feel Farm’
  • I love his soft, blonde hair. It’s getting thicker, and he definitely has the most hair of any of our boys at this age.
  • I love his little toothy grin. He now has 6 teeth. I think he’s working on a few more because he’s always chewing on things- fingers are some of his favorites!
  • He loves to throw and drop things- especially off his high chair.
  • Starting to understand and enjoy the concept of ‘chase.’ He loves it when I get on my hands and knees and chase him around the room. He laughs and crawls away as fast as he can for a few seconds, then he’ll turn around, sit up and wait for me to come at him again. He loves this with Jacob & Caleb as well!
  • Once again, he’s active! He loves to climb all over things, especially pillows, blankets, and people!
  • Loves playing ‘chase’ with his toys. He’ll hit a toy with his hand and then chase it around the room. He’ll play this for quite a while. My favorite is when he makes sounds effects to go with it, babbling at the top of his lungs trying to sound tough. J
  • Matthew absolutely adores his Daddy!
  • Loves to put anything (and almost everything) in his mouth. This means lots of vacuuming for mom!

5 comments:

nathalia said...

What a cutie! He just looks too sweet to be eating baby goldfish ;) I would put a lid on that aquarium. ;)

Joey and Michelle Chandler Family said...

How convenient to have a doc at the house! That probably saved you a bundle as well as a lot of nerves from a nervous little boy getting stiched up by someone he didn't know! Everything with Matthew sounds very familiar! It's fun to hear how close our little boys are! Except for the fact that Matthew has 6 teeth! I can't believe it, Joseph only has 2 and he'll be 11 mo's on the 23rd! I keep hoping they'll come soon. Ah well, I guess I can just look at it like that's less I have to brush! :)

Jordan said...

Angela look at your boys holy smokes they are growing up so fast! I can't even believe it. It is so fun to keep in touch with everyone through the blogging world. Give your cute boys hugs.

Caity said...

He is so adorable!

The Manwarings said...

Your boys are just so cute! I always love to read your blog, you do such a great job with it!
Love ya guys!