Saturday, April 19, 2008

Stake Womens Conference

Today was our annual Stake Women's Conference. It's a fabulous event that I look to every year. Unfortunately Jeff was on-call this weekend, and also has his huge Shelf exam-a test that gives you a score not based on percentage of correctly answered question, but based on how you do against all other ophthalmology residents. So for example, if everyone got 100% and you missed 1 question..you wouldn't get 99, you'd pretty much get a 1. The test is next week, so he's been busy studying for it.
I knew it would be a little busy this morning-I made it out the door at 5:50am and got in a decently long run. I got back at 7 in time to get kids fed and get ready and Jeff was sweet enough to let me go to the Women's Conference. I didn't get to stay for the whole conference, I left at 11 to get back so Jeff could do some studying; but I was grateful for what I had. The speakers were great, the theme was "Comforters" and it centered around the Holy Ghost as a Comforter, and also tied in the service project that the Stake has been working on- comforters for the children's hospital. All the quilts and blankets on display were amazing. Now I've got a serious itching to take up quilting!

1 comment:

Cordell and Sarah said...

You're amazing Angela. To get up that early to run is dedication. How do you do it all. I really need to email you and get your secrets.