Thursday night after the missionaries left and the kids were in bed, I headed out for a Girls Night Out/Goodbye for Jill Cox. About 15 of us met up at Applebee’s to enjoy one more evening together before Jill leaves next Friday. (There were many more who wanted to come but weren’t able to make it) This time of year is great, the weather starts to turn warmer the city comes alive and I think everyone is generally happier. But it’s also a sad time because you know you’re going to have to say goodbye to wonderful friends who are leaving. I think we have about 15 families moving within the next few months because they’re completing medical, dental, or law school, PA and business programs, have new jobs, etc. These school years have interesting cycles. It’s exciting at the beginning of the new year when new families move in and you get to make many more friends, but it sure is sad at the end of the year to say goodbye to the ones who are leaving. They’re not just people you know or live by; these are the people you spend most of your time with, they’re your adopted family and your kids’ best friends. They’re the ones you’ve worked with, served with, played with, spent your weekends with, laughed and cried with. They’re our family away from family. And after being here for 5 years with at least 2 more to go, I feel like I’ve already had more than my share of saying goodbyes! But I can't help but feel so grateful for having had the opportunity to know such awesome people. At least we all have our great blogs to keep in touch with. That definitely makes it a little easier. I know for me it’s better to focus on all the fun memories and good times we’ve had. Hopefully we’ll meet up with everyone again someday. Tonight was a bittersweet reminder of how blessed we are to have so many wonderful friends, and yet how sad it is to say goodbye to them all. We’re sure going to miss the Cox family!
5 weeks ago







1 comment:
This brings back so many memories... our Philly friends are forever some of our greatest. We miss it so much at times. I envy you a little because you get to do it a longer than we got to! Hope all is well... by the way, your boys are darling and you look great
Post a Comment