Wednesday, April 23, 2008

$3.49

$3.49....that's what a gallon of gas costs at the CHEAP gas station around here. On my way back from the YMCA this morning at 6:45 I stopped to put some gas in the car so it would be ready for Jeff to take to work. I put $12 of gas in the car...less than 4 gallons. Good thing we're getting an extra tax rebate, it's going to go towards being able to drive! Hopefully I'll be able to look back at this entry someday to find with happiness that the price gouging didn't last forever after all. Until then...

Update...driving by the station tonight, the price was being changed to $3.53

2nd Update...just days later price is up to $3.59. Hopefully this upward trend will stop!

4 comments:

Melanie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jenn S. said...

It cost me $70 to fill up my tank this afternoon!! Crazy. I never really thought about consolidating my driving before - but lately I've tried to consolidate tasks and trips.

Caity said...

It's $3.69 here. It's going to get over $4 before the summer is over, which pretty much means no more driving for me! I just hope this makes people come up with other more environmentally friendly means of transportation.

Cordell and Sarah said...

I hate to say this, but I wish our gas was at $3.50. Our average price here in way expensive sunny CA is $4.05. Count your blessings while you can. I guess we can't complain thought because the Lord has blessed us to have Cordell within walking distance to work. Good luck with your fill ups. We'll be thinking of you ;)