Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Moms & Muffins Night

Last night Jacob's preschool had their "Moms & Muffins" night. Jacob had been talking about it for a long time and was so excited. It was sure fun to have a night with Jacob. We met at preschool at 7:15 with a few other kids from his class. (Because there are 12 kids, they divided everyone into two groups) The first thing the kids got to do was to paint a little flower pot. After that we all sat down together and the kids proudly showed us things they've been learning about. They sang songs for the months of the year, days of the week, and the letter of the week. They showed us things about the weather and different seasons. I loved watching Jacob- he was so proud to show me everything he's done. After the group time we divided up to do different stations. 1-Jacob filled his flower pot with dirt and planted some seeds in it. 2-We observed the caterpillars in their little home and Jacob drew pictures of them in his butterfly journal. They will eventually become monarch butterflies, and the kids are all pretty excited to watch the process. 3-We played fun file folder games together.
When we were done playing the games the kids put everything away and we all picked out a drink and a yummy muffin. Jacob got a huge chocolate muffin and I had a blueberry. Then we sat together and read books. It was sure a fun evening. To finish it off, Jacob and I picked up a couple groceries on our way home. I was so glad to have this special one-on-one time with Jacob. It's so fun to see everything he's doing and be a part of it. He is sure growing up fast, I love having fun moments like this to remember time spent with my special boy.

No comments: