On Wednesday night I went to another baby shower for a couple good friends in the ward. Natalie Tolley and Kristen Robertson are both expecting their first child in about a month. (Both are having girls) It was a fun evening with LOTS of people and I think everyone had a great time. Thanks to Stefanie (and especially your husband!) for hosting all those women!
Anyway, while I went to the shower, Jeff held down the fort at home. First of all, I'm really grateful for Jeff because even though he's super busy with work, church, studying, etc. He's always willing to help out so I can do things as well. He was happy to stay home with the boys while I went out. I left a yummy dinner on the table; so they ate, cleaned up, and afterwards Jeff let the boys watch a movie as a reward for cleaning up all their toys. He chose the classic movie, "Black Beauty." I'm not sure it's one I would have chosen for them to watch, but apparently they really enjoyed it. With the exception of the part when Ginger dies, Jeff told me that Jacob came to him in tears because he was so sad when she died. So sweet, he can be such a tender-hearted little boy. Anyway, other than that one part both boys absolutely loved the movie.
As to be expected, their latest 'favorite' thing to do is to play horses. They received a nice assortment of horses at Christmastime, and it just so happens that there is one that looks like Black Beauty and two that look like Ginger. Quite often now, when I watch or listen to them playing I'll hear conversation that go like this, "C'mon Black Beauty, you can do it." or "C'mon Ginger, lets go get some food." etc. It's pretty funny to watch them. They've got some pretty vivid imaginations and are always thinking up fun new adventures for Black Beauty and Ginger. But I must admit, one of my favorite thing about the horses is Caleb. He talks pretty well, but his version of Black Beauty sounds more like, "Black Booty." Stay tuned for more adventures of "Black Booty and Ginger." Sounds like the name of some alcoholic drink. Jeff and I have had some good laughs over that one. Pictures to come...
2 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment