Saturday, April 19, 2008

Matthew is 6 Months

6 Months old..Matthew is already half a year. I absolutely love this age! Matthew has been so much fun. His little personality is really blooming and every day I feel more and more attached to this sweet little guy. He's really been such an angel baby, and such a joy to have in our home. I love his sweet smile and his cute little laugh. I love how busy and active he is. He loves to bounce and move ALL the time! Even when you're holding him on your lap, he'll be bouncing up and down trying to move- it makes it a little difficult to hold onto him sometimes! When he's laying on the floor he does what we call the "dolphin" move. He'll bob his head and legs up and down and looks like a little dolphin trying to move around. It's pretty funny and the boys sure get a kick out of it. Here are a few other things about Matthew at 6 Months:
  • Matthew is such a sweetie and loves to give kisses. He understands when you tell him to give a kiss and he’ll smile and lean forward with his mouth open. He loves to give the boys kisses before they go to bed, and always loves to give mommy & daddy big kisses. I love those big slobbery kisses, it melts my heart.
  • He's been a lot more content playing on a blanket or hanging out by Jacob and Caleb. I don't know if it'll last forever, but I feel spoiled having such an easygoing and happy little guy.
  • Loves to blow "raspberries" He's always blowing bubbles and doing raspberries, I haven't had a baby that loves to do it like this. I think it's so funny.
  • He loves to grab anything & everything! He’s at the point when I have to be careful what I’ve got in my hands because he’ll try (& often succeeds) to grab it. He likes to grab hold of anything that catches his attention. He also likes to grab and pull on his blankets, his clothes, and especially his bibs. He already gets irritated at them and wants to pull them off.
  • He loves to grab anything & everything! He’s at the point when I have to be careful what I’ve got in my hands because he’ll try (& often succeeds) to grab it. He likes to grab hold of anything that catches his attention. He also likes to grab and pull on his blankets, his clothes, and especially his bibs. He already gets irritated at them and wants to pull them off.
  • When Matthew gets really excited or wants attention he’ll ‘pant’ almost like a little puppy. It’s so funny to watch.
  • He's started to move around army crawl style...the funny part though is that he usually moves himself backwards.
  • He loves his *big boy food* and loves almost everything I've given him. When he gets really hungry, you can't feed him fast enough! A true Stevens boys through and through. We can definitely tell he's getting enough to eat, I love his cute chubby little legs.
  • He has the best baby laugh!
We Love You!!

3 comments:

Caity said...

He is soooooo cute!

Amanda Stevens said...

Ang,
You took some beautiful pictures of baby Matthew. I love the chubby legs. This is a fun age!!!I love the description of Matthew's dolphin move!

Alyssa said...

He's too cute and I LOVE his eyes! I agree...big slobbery kisses are the best...only from your baby though, huh.
p.s. you're not a bad mom for giving him ice cream...like you said...he was happy!