I've been playing with the idea of getting a portable DVD player, mostly for our trip out to Idaho next week. I think it'll be helpful with the 8 hour trip. I'm not sure if we'll even get one, but I thought I might as well look around.
It's frustrating looking at all the reviews because some people will love one, and others hate it. It's hard to find one that everyone loves. Some of the factors I'm looking at the most are: battery life, durability, ease of use, and somewhat sound/picture quality. My kids aren't that picky, as long as it plays somewhat decently. Mostly I want something that will, as said before, play decently but most of all, last more than an 1 1/2 hours without having to be recharged.
I'm also wanting something on the less expensive side. I know I could go out and get a great DVD player that meets & exceeds expectations, but I don't want to pay $300 for it. I've looked at a few, but I'm far from making up my mind if we even get one. Maybe it's easier just not to buy one!
So, my question is: Is it worth it to have a DVD player for long flights? Would you recommend getting one? And if any of you love your DVD player feel free to pass on recommendations. Any suggestions would be great!
5 weeks ago
6 comments:
We bought one a while ago but my boys won't really watch it on the plane. It holds their attention for about 20 minutes and then they want to color or do something else. I don't even take it with us anymore, but we do use it a ton on long road trips. I know this doesn't help much, but it was our experience. Good Luck figuring it out...making these types of purchases are soo hard!!
I'm all for it! You can find really great deals on them. I just found with mine, that the extra battery you have to buy lasts longer than the one that comes with it.
It's a LONG flight though, so I think it's worth it!
I LOVE mine. We bought ours three years ago and it has been great. My girls love it and we bought splitter so that both girls could listen to the headphones at once. We only paid $150 three years ago and it has been great so you don't have to spend a lot of money. It is a Mintek brand from Costco.
We have one, and we LOVE it in the car, but unfortunately the battery life is HORRIBLE. About 10 minutes on the plane :( It is a no-name brand, and to buy a battery that is compatible with it would be pretty expensive. So my advice is to just make sure it comes with/or you get a good battery.
If you have a laptop whose battery life is pretty long, don't bother buying a portable DVD player, it will work just as well. That is what we do!
Yes, Yes, Yes it is worthy it. I will not fly without one. We bought ours at Costco. They usually have good quailty items with a good price. Plus they are really great about taking things back if they break.
That is my two cents.
Post a Comment