Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Musings..


Well, today was a somewhat overcast, yet surprisingly warm (65 degree) day. I could have been taking the boys to playgroup, having fun with friends, and enjoying the weather. Instead I spent my day waiting for the Internet guy to make a stop somewhere between 9am and 1pm, to fix a glitch with our modem. Here it is, now 4:45 pm and the internet guy has yet to show. Gotta love days like these.
Good points of the day: I got to the gym at 6am, we enjoyed a yummy pancake breakfast together after watching the sun rise (someone needs to convince my kids to sleep in past 6:50!), we completed some good organization projects in the boys room, the air smells delightfully like rain, my house is clean, vacuumed & was dusted by Jacob & Caleb, chicken soup is simmering on the stove waiting for Daddy to come home, and we are well on our way packing for our trip to Idaho in less than a week! Yea!

Update: Guess who decides to show up at 5:15? Yep, cable guy. At least he provided some adult conversation while I was finishing up dinner. Jeff called me from the hospital to let me know he got called in for an emergency retina detachment surgery so he wont be home till about 8:30. At least the internet is..hopefully...fixed. One other funny thing, the internet guy (who, on a side note, was very nice) asked if I was from Canada. Apparently he thought I had an accent.. funny.

2 comments:

Amanda Stevens said...

You are awesome to get your workout in early, do projects and have dinner cooked. I would love to say I had done any of the above. Instead I continue to clean up the reoccuring lipstick saga of my daughter, shop at Costco looking like Frankenstein(surgery creates some awesome stares) and manage traffic at home with piano lessons. I am so excited to see you guys this next week. I am bummed to not be able to exercise this week or eat crunchy vegetables so I am afraid you might need to cheer on a more probable candadite for the "Biggest Loser". Matthew is so cute. Gideon started rolling Sunday. When are we going to get those cute babies that just sit for six months and smile???

Lynnette said...

We really missed you guys today - so annoying about the cable guy! But you are always so positive about things! And I do like the idea of having Zach do the dusting...