Today Matthew had his first taste of baby food. I wouldn’t say it was an instant hit, but he ended up doing alright. First of all I think he was a little too hungry to do the baby food. I tried for a little while, but he was pretty upset. I decided to nurse him, and then tried again a little later and he did significantly better. I think he’s still trying to figure out how his little tongue works, and he’s trying to get used to the new texture and taste.
First of all, I don’t think it’s all completely Matthew. There have been a few guilty culprits in the process. A couple days ago, Jeff admitted that he’d given Matthew a small taste of ice cream. Apparently Matthew thought it tasted pretty good. Secondly, the exact day I introduced solids, Caleb decided to do the same type of thing. I really can’t blame him too much can I? After all, he was just trying to be a sweet brother and share with Matthew. I had Matthew in his little chair in the kitchen, bib on and everything while I was making up some baby cereal for him. Next thing I know I look over and Caleb is feeding him an oreo!
(This picture was taken after most of the oreo had been washed off. As you can see he looks pretty happy.)
I still don’t know exactly how much he ate. I think Caleb was breaking off tiny pieces and giving them to him. His face had quite a bit of cookie residue on it and the cookie was almost gone. I’m hoping Caleb ate most of it first and just gave him some of the last bites. At least he was breaking them up into baby sized pieces right? Matthew didn’t seem to mind much, in fact I think he was enjoying it. So of course, when I try to give him the baby food he didn’t seem that interested. Why on earth would he be interested in bland baby cereal when he’s already had a taste of the good stuff? Baby cereal or ice cream & oreos? Hmm, tough choice. So that’s the story behind Matthew’s first experience with food. He’s done better each time, so I don’t think it will be too long before he’s eating food like a pro! It’s fun to see the milestones in his life. I love having a baby again.

No comments:
Post a Comment