As part of Jacob’s birthday, we thought it would be fun to take the boys to Chuck E. Cheese. We had wanted to go on his birthday, but Jeff ended up getting home later than expected and it’s about a 30 minute drive; so we planned to take them on Saturday. First of all, a Saturday afternoon at Chuck E. Cheese is crazy to say the least, but we still had a fun time.

It’s funny because the logo for the place is “Where a kid can be a kid.” Really it should be more like, “Where an adult can be a kid.” I think the adults have just as much if not more fun than the kids. Both Caleb & Jacob were pretty excited to be there. They’ve only been a couple times ever and it’s been a while. They liked the rides and did pretty well playing the games.

There was that time when Jacob almost knocked someone out when he was playing Ski Ball. He was having a hard time rolling it hard enough to get it up to the holes, so I told him to do it harder. He ended up launching the ball sideways about 4 rows over into some other kids’ game. And Caleb just couldn’t understand why I wouldn’t let him throw it like a baseball. I figured it was a good time to end that game! Both Jacob and Caleb loved it, but I think they need to wait a few years before they can play it the right way.
I enjoyed watching Jeff too; he loved the games and looked like a kid most of the time.

I think the boys’ favorites were the games they could play with Jeff. Even Matthew did awesome; he was just happy to be carried around the whole time and fell asleep in my arms at the end.
Another one I enjoyed was the sketch booth. We were able to squeeze all the boys in and got a cute picture with the boys and Jeff, and the boys and me. By the time we had finished using up all our tokens I think everyone was ready to head home. It’s a bit amusing to see what kind of prizes you get after spending $10 worth of tokens. We got a couple plastic snakes, a spinning top, a plastic beetle, and a few tootsie rolls. Hmm, those were some expensive tootsie rolls! More than anything it was just fun to have the time to spend together.
1 comment:
That sounds like fun Angela! Your boys are getting so big. We just went to Chuck E Cheese last night for Kaylie's B-day, and man, that has got to be the ADD center of the world for her. She could hardly focus on any one thing for more than a couple seconds! Hehe. But I got to meet Chuck E himself so that made it all worth it. ;)
Post a Comment