Wednesday, February 20, 2008

4 Months


So Matthew turned 4 months old (yesterday). Unfortunately we were traveling all day and didn't get home until after midnight so I missed posting on the 'official' day, but we're still excited and somewhat sad that our little guy is already 4 months old. It’s interesting, after our trip to Idaho he seems so much bigger. He really seems like a little rolly baby and not a newborn anymore. He’s been so much fun. He’s getting close to turning over and moves around a lot while he’s on the floor. No more leaving him on the bed. I love it how he loves to laugh and talk all the time. He’s likes to grab onto and eat things, especially his blanket. He still crinkles his little nose when he’s smiling sometimes and it’s my favorite little expression. I’ve been trying to get a picture of it, but he does it the best when you’re holding him and kiss his face. His hair is starting to grow in thicker and his little head is starting to look a little fuzzy especially after a bath. He’s drooling a lot and definitely starting to enter the teething phase, wow already? Last night I gave all three boys a bath together, it was pretty cute. I would have taken a picture, but Jeff had lectures until late so it was just me at home, and Matthew was pretty squirmy, I had to use both hands just to keep him upright. He loved looking around and would kick his little legs and feet as fast as he could. Jacob and Caleb thought it was great, and kept trying to share their toys with him. Matthew’s getting pretty chubby and I love it! I think he has the cutest little feet & legs ever! Jeff’s ready to start giving him some solids, and at his size he’s definitely ready, but I’m not sure if I am just yet. I know that once he’s really eating solid foods, he’ll be less and less of a baby. I want to hold onto these days as long as I can!

1 comment:

Carl and Amber said...

Hey Jeff,
hey there, Im Derek Farnsworth's brother-in-law. Im pretty sure I recognize you from when I lived in Alta Apts across from BYU stadium back in winter semester 2000? You were a home teacher to my apt and lived right above us. I remember how kind you always were to me and my brother Dallin. Thanks. Anyway, Im glad that you've finished medical school and chosen a great field. I still have another year until I start 3 yrs of emergency medicine. Take care,
Carl