Thursday, April 12, 2007

Happy 30th Birthday Jeff!

Happy Birthday Jeff! I still can’t believe he’s 30 today. The time has gone by so quickly! I’m sure this birthday will be one to remember. The 20’s are over, he’s crossed the barrier to the true adult world. It still doesn’t seem real, and it’s not necessarily a bad thing. I guess looking at what he’s done, graduating from undergrad and medical school and well into ophthalmology residency with 2 children of his own, 30 sounds about right! I’m sure he’ll still be the recipient of some teasing. (and yes, some of it will probably come from me since I’m 22 now & won’t hit the 30 mark for awhile…I’m sure Jeff will return the favor then, but at that point we’ll be looking forward to his 40th birthday anyway, and that will be something to *celebrate!*)

More than anything, I am so grateful to be celebrating Jeff’s birthday because it’s a celebration of him and his life. I’m so grateful for him; he truly is my best friend and eternal companion. I love him more and more everyday. I guess if that’s the case, that the older we get & the more time we have together the more we love each other, then let the growing old together keep going! Happy Birthday Jeff! And here’s to many more years ahead!

No comments: