
Anyway, this morning it was fun to hear Jacob come out of his room and say very loudly, "It's Easter!" he was so excited. The only problem was that Jacob and Caleb were up very early.(Side Note: Jeff and I went out together last night & didn't get back until late, then we transported the boys from my parents to our house around 12:30. We expected the boys to be tired & just sleep, but Caleb had fallen asleep at grandma's at 6:00, so he wasn't tired & was hungry. Needless to say, he was up about every 20 minutes from 1:00-4:00. I felt like I had a newborn again!)
Anyway, we were both tired when they got up at 7. Luckily I talked them into watching a little movie in our room while we tried to get just a little more sleep. It worked great, and Jacob only made about 2 trips to the living room to pick up stray pieces of candy during that time.

(Note: These are not Jacob's regular pajamas. When he went to grandma's he got the cool "Eagle Cheerleading" shirt & boxers there.)
It was so fun to see them both go out to see what the Easter Bunny had left. They each got a shirt & fleece, some play dough, a cute folding chair & a few miscellaneous items; but the hit, of course was the candy! Jacob's now at the age where he's really starting to understand & enjoy the "egg-hunting." Caleb was a little more occupied just trying to eat everything he could get his hands on, but eventually grasped the concept of putting the treats in his basket.

All in all it was a fun easter morning. Now I just need to find a place to stash candy so I can moderate the boys' intake over the next couple weeks!
1 comment:
What a fun Easter!
Post a Comment