Saturday, March 10, 2007

Trucks & Fish

Jacob absolutely loves cars, trucks, etc. He plays with them constantly and even has a few that he has insisted on sleeping with. (It makes for an interesting night, however, when he wakes up in the middle of the night because he can’t find his little matchbox car) Anyway, one day he wanted me to play cars with him. Jacob and Caleb and I usually play cars pretty often, rolling them back and forth to each other on the hardwood floor. I needed to get a few things done, so I decided to get out some pretzels and show Jacob how to make roads and parking spaces with them. I don’t know whether that was a good thing or not. It has become one of his new favorite things, he loves to get pretzels and build roads and parking spaces for all his cars and trucks. The only problem is that Caleb likes to play the ‘Destructor’ and come and smash the pretzels when Jacob isn’t watching. (Or even sometimes when he is) Anyway, the broom has become an additional appendage to me. Oh well, Jacob sure has fun!


Caleb seems to have acquired a fascination for fish. Not sure exactly how that one came about. He gets so excited when he sees fish in books, pictures, etc. When we took the boys to ‘Happy Feet’ the other day, Caleb was excited about the penguins in the movies, but I almost think he was more excited whenever he saw the fish. He tells me excitedly, “Fish, fish!” To make it even better, he seems to have perfected the “Fish” lips look!

1 comment: