Monday, March 12, 2007

Let the MADNESS Begin!!

So Jeff and I have this tradition… Every year since we’ve been married (this is our 5th year) we’ve done the March Madness basketball brackets. I have to add that it was my idea. We look forward to it every year, maybe it’s something exciting to look forward to at the end of winter. Anyway, we both get brackets and fill them out. We keep them posted on the refrigerator along with an “official” bracket. And then the fun begins! We follow the games and keep updated with who’s winning. We highlight our correct team choices when a team wins, and have a point system for the brackets and keep our scores tallied. This continues through the three weeks or so that the tournament goes on. Now Jeff gets serious about it and reads up for weeks ahead about the teams, their games, etc. I’m more of a, “In one game anything can happen…” type, and just make guesses.

To make it more of a fun competition, we like to place little wagers. For example, last year, if I won, I was supposed to get two weeks of scrapbooking every night for 2 hours while Jeff took care of the kids, or cleaned up dinner etc; i.e. whatever he needed to do so I could scrapbook. Bummer I didn’t win last year.

Anyway, in the four years we’ve done it so far Jeff has won 1 time, we tied 1 time, and I’ve won twice. Lucky I guess. Anyway, this year I’m still trying to decide exactly what I’d like if I win. Last years wager was pretty good, but we have discussed doing bigger prizes; hmm… that new Cricut die-cutting machine is tempting! Anyway, we’ll see what happens. For now we’re finishing up filling out our brackets for our FHE adult activity. The first games are the 15th & 16th! Let the Madness Begin!!

1 comment:

Jenn S. said...

Oh Angela! You are every husband's dream wife - I dread March Madness every year. Marc would love it if I would get into the games like you - wishing you the best of luck this season! :)