Monday, March 19, 2007

Fun Family Weekend

This past weekend was a busy fun-filled family one. My Dad was released as Bishop this past Sunday, so the whole family got together. Grandma and Grandpa Tanner came into town Friday afternoon; luckily just in time to go to Lacey’s track meet! We were all there and had fun. Jacob and Caleb especially had a good time, having found a nice dirt pile to play in. Grandma Tanner also brought Jacob a present too, a little backpack with some animals in it. It was so funny, Jacob came over and said, “Mom, look at my new diaper bag!” We were all laughing at that one.

Saturday Kristie & Tom, and Houston came into town. Kristie had just gotten back from cheering for BYU at the NCAA tournament, and Houston had just driven up with a few of his friends. Saturday night we went up to Mom & Dad’s for dinner and visiting with everyone. I miss Kristie and Houston, I don’t see them as much as I’d like with them at college. So this weekend was really fun. We played some football and games & watched a movie later on. Jacob and Caleb loved all the attention, and having Uncle Houston and Aunt Kristie there too.






Sunday we all went to church together in my parents ward. It was a really nice meeting and so neat to hear all the testimonies. I was grateful we were able to be there with my Dad. After church we had a big lunch with everyone and enjoyed more time together. It was a beautiful day and so much fun. I’m really going to miss the little get-togethers. I think that’s what I enjoy the most about being near family, the ability to spend a lot of time together. It was sad to say goodbye to everyone again, but great to have had the time together.


No comments: