I love our camera. Jeff and I decided to upgrade about a year ago and got a digital SLR, the Nikon D50. It has been a dream camera! The photos are incredible; it takes great portrait pictures, regular snapshots, and continuous action shots.
The quality and color of pictures is absolutely amazing. I have completely loved having it and learning more about it. The one downfall is that it isn’t a convenient camera to just whip out at the park, or take on little quick trips, etc. It’s pretty big and has a fairly large case that just feels like another bag I have to take around. Not to mention the fact that I don’t want to worry about it getting damaged or stolen all the time.

So we decided to get another little camera that would meet the needs of an active, spur-of-the-moment, and sometimes dangerous (if you consider sand & water dangerous
J) lifestyle. After a lot of research, reviews, and pricing; we decided on the Canon A530. I know some people who have it and have loved it. The reviews are great and the price was just what I was wanting! Jeff actually got it brand new on ebay for $100. Can’t beat that! Anyway, it’s been awesome. It’s small and easily portable, yet not so fragile that I feel like it will break if I hold it too tight, and has a nice grip. The photo quality is still great with 5 mega pixels. And an added bonus is that it also takes movies; our D50 doesn’t do that. Perfect! I’ve been wanting a way to capture moments on film without having to get out both the camera and video camera. All in all, I’ve been very pleased. Now let’s just see if we can get this one to last through a couple years!
1 comment:
We have the same small camera and love it! It's fun to read about your family.
Post a Comment