Mom called this morning and asked if it would be okay if Cole came over for the day. It’s Spring Break for all the school kids here. We had a fun day with him! The boys enjoy playing with him, even if he can be somewhat of a tease sometimes, (I guess it’s payback for all those years I teased him!
J) While Caleb took his nap, Cole and Jacob watched a movie while I ran to the store to pick up some things for a picnic lunch. At about
1:30 we met up with everyone at Merrill Park and had lunch while kids played. It was spring break for all the cousins, so everyone was there. After lunch we went on a little walk/hike along some fun trails near the
Boise River. It was a little windy, but ended up being a perfect day for a walk.


It was about a 15 minutes walk, and ended at the riverbank. So then we went out on the river bed rocks to play in the water. All the kids had a good time throwing rocks in the water. Caleb got a little too excited at the end, took a few steps out, lost his balance and fell down. He was soaked up to his chest. Luckily Aunt Tami had an extra sweatshirt so I stripped him down, changed his diaper & put him in the little sweatshirt. He was pretty happy to be nice and dry again. It was fun to spend time with all the cousins.


Afterwards, we headed to Target to pick up a couple things & make some returns. Cole was helpful and pushed the boys around while I quickly tried on a skirt, (thinking of Easter outfits in advance) and helped me get them in their car seats. (I think life could be somewhat simpler having a 13 year old to be a good helper, but I’m sure there are plenty of other stresses that will come along with it!) We made it home just in time for Mom and Dad to stop by to pick Cole up. Jeff was home, but as post-call days go, he might as well be at the hospital because I don’t see him any more. He’s so tired he usually goes to bed and sleeps until the next morning; so tonight it was the boys and I having dinner together, followed by giving them baths & bedtime.
No comments:
Post a Comment