5 weeks ago
Saturday, April 21, 2012
Scout-O-Rama
After our local pack pinewood derby, I put Jacob's car in a box and put it away for safe keeping. After a couple weeks of Jacob asking if he could just pleeaase see his car again, April 21st and the Scout-O-Rama finally rolled around.
I knew it might be tricky to keep all four kids occupied during the day long event, so Jeff and Jacob went by themselves for a boy's outing. What could be better than car racing and pizza? There were over 140 scouts racing their cars that day- it was a big deal! Jacob's car ended up coming in around 50th or so. When he checked his car in, one wheel was raised slightly. According to the rules, all four wheels have to touch so Jeff had to push the wheel down and that probably didn't help the alignment, but we really weren't planning on anything other than a good time, so it was still a fun afternoon for the boys to spend together. I think their favorite part was going out for pizza afterwards.
We got a fun surprise the next morning when we saw that Jacob, Rowan, and Alish all made the front page of the community section of the newspaper. I love the smile on Jacob's face. I'm glad they all had a fun time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment