Thursday, April 12, 2012

Happy Birthday Jeff

It was another birthday, and another year older for Jeff. He turned 35 this year, getting closer to that big 4-0, and still as handsome as ever. Sometimes it doesn't seem fair that men just get better looking the older they get- but I guess that's why it's good to be married to someone almost 8 years older right?! We had a low key, but fun birthday party with the family this year. 
Emily's favorite trick at dinner is to sit on daddy's lap and eat with him. I think he's pretty smitten by that perfect little pouty face and sweet voice. When I asked for a smile, this is what she gave.
 I had a hard time deciding what to do for Jeff's birthday dessert, so I decided to just do both strawberry short cake and cinnamon rolls- a couple of Jeff's favorites. I didn't have quite 35 candles, so we improvised with what we had. My favorite part of the picture is Emily's little hands just waiting to grab a strawberry.

 Jeff is such a sweet, wonderful father. I love watching him with the kids and seeing them so excited about his birthday. They all took turns blowing out the candles and making funny faces for the camera.




I think this one was my favorite!
 Jeff's birthday fell on a Thursday this year, so we did our little family party on his birthday, and then went out to celebrate on Friday night. We went out to eat at a nice restaurant that came highly recommended and it didn't disappoint, the food was delicious.
Afterwards, we went to do a little shopping. Jeff needed some new running/gym shoes and jeans, and I wanted to get him a BBQ, but there was no way I was going to pick that out myself. (I didn't want to take the blame if it ended up being dumb :) Jeff found shoes he liked, but didn't buy any because he wanted to order them online for cheaper, and we ran out of time for grills- we'll probably end up getting one online too. The jeans shopping ended up being one of my favorite parts- it was late and we practically had the place to ourselves so we hung out in the men's dressing room, playing with phones & pictures while Jeff modeled jeans for me. It was pretty funny and we had some good inside jokes. I love spending time with Jeff and laughing together, we have a blast.



1 comment:

Joey and Michelle Chandler Family said...

Happy Birthday to Jeff! 35 still sounds young :). I love shopping with my honey and without the kids, that's my kind of fun!