Friday, April 27, 2012

Random April

Great-Grandma Tanner sent the kids their very own bird nests. They were beyond thrilled and immediately ran out to put them up in our trees. It'll be fun to see if we get some bird families.
 I came up one day to find that Jeff and the boys turned my bathroom into a greenhouse. Apparently it's the room in the house "that gets the best light" and therefore was the ideal location for the sprouting seeds and plants. When I said I like house plants, this wasn't what I meant. Luckily they should be gone soon. :)


Emily loves her daddy, and he's pretty smitten with her too.
 One day, Caleb came up to show me this poem he had written as a gift for his kindergarten teacher. He's pretty creative and wrote it all by himself. I love seeing how kids sound words out and write them. Here's the translation:

Community Helpers
A happy, happy day, hooray!
Community helpers save the day!
There are police men, fire fighters, and builders too.
A vet for your pet, and a mail man.
A chef to cook your lunch.
Happy Day, hooray!


After getting home from the gym one day, Matthew managed to snag my iphone and fill it up with about 200 awesome new photos, half of them being random pictures of his fingers.

 This is another reason the boys always want to play with my phone. Brent showed them this Jetpack game and it's been a favorite ever since. Too bad they don't get to play too often.

One of Emily's favorite places to wait when we go pick up kids from preschool. She loves these little cubbies.

 One Sunday, Jeff and Ken managed to wear the exact same tie to church, same brand and everything. It was pretty funny.
 Aunt Mandy sent Emily this cute princess accessories gift in the mail. Emily was so excited to put on the crown and kept it on most of the day. I did find it funny though, that the first words out of her mouth when I gave her the wand were, "hi-yah!". I think this girl has a little too much boy influence!

 I found these photos on Jeff's phone. We had stake conference a couple weeks ago, and Jeff was trying to keep the younger two kids happy with an app on his phone that lets you color and decorate photos. The picture of Matthew cracks me up. They did pretty well for a 2-hour stake conference.



No comments: