Wednesday, January 19, 2011

10 Months

Emily turned 10 months old on January 19th
17.9 Pounds (16th percentile)
27.5 inches (23rd percentile)

-Kristie and I tried to do a photo shoot with our girls when we were together at Christmas time, and I'm learning that it's getting harder to get pictures of Emily. She's busy enough that she doesn't want to just sit there, and I don't know if it's the camera or the fact that's she's busy with other things, but it's getting harder to get pictures with her smiling. :)
-Emily can stand up all by herself in the middle of a room and take 10-12 steps by herself at a time, but it seems that crawling is still her preferred method of transportation. That's great with me! I love watching her crawl around, it makes her seem more like a baby.
- Some of her latest favorite foods are apples and oranges. She loves them.
-Emily loves to be with the big kids. She always wants to be right in the middle of all the action. She'll follow her brothers upstairs, downstairs, or wherever they might go. She gets really sad when they go outside to play without her.
- She still likes to stick out that little tongue all the time. I think it's so darn cute!
- Emily figured out how to clap her hands, and now loves to clap all the time, especially when she's happy and excited. She also points at things a lot.
- During the photo shoot in December, Tom took the camera so I could try to get Emily to smile. I didn't know I was in the picture and I look a little scary, but I love this picture. Emily has a sweet little smile on her face, and it will help me remember how little she was at 9-10 months old.

-I can't understand why, but Emily has a huge fascination with diapers. Not the nice clean ones from the box, the other kind that are all wrapped up like a present. She always tries to get them and carry them around. It drives me crazy!
-She also has a huge fascination with the toilet. She's always trying to get over and play in it. I clean toilets a couple times a week, but that's just gross. We have to keep bathroom doors closed around here.
- One night we had pizza for dinner. I set the pizza box down so I could take it out to the bins in the garage. A couple minutes later, I noticed that Emily had pulled the box down, lifted up the top and then proceeded to climb through the little opening - this picture was half way through the process- I thought it was pretty funny. Baby 'Take and Bake'.
- Emily loves to talk all day long. She says 'ma ma' 'da da' and 'hi' pronounced 'aye'. One morning when I brought her into our room, she saw Jeff and said, "aye da da." Maybe it was just coincidence, but Jeff and I both looked at each other and just started laughing.

- I can't wait for Spring, not only for myself, but because Emily wants to go outside all the time. I can't wait until it's warm enough to let her be outside without being all bundled up.
-She loves to push buttons, play with electronics, bang on the computer, and lots of other things that she shouldn't.
-Emily's hair has grown long enough that I can put little pig-tails in the back, but the front is still taking it's time to grow in. I'm hoping it'll grow in faster so she isn't sporting a mullet look. :)
We love this girl!

7 comments:

nathalia said...

Darling kiddos!

sara cardon said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! She looks like a really sweet little girl. Just like her mom!

Karissa said...

She's adorable!

Joey and Michelle Chandler Family said...

I can't get over how much she looks like you did as a little girl. She's adorable! I love her cute gray top with the white polka-dots! So Cute. I'm with you... I can't wait for warmer weather to come so the little ones can play outside more!

Tamar and Trevor said...

What a fun little girl!

jor johnson said...

She is too cute!!! I love her little outfits. Has it been so much fun to shop for her? I love the little sweater & leggings :)

Perfectly Imperfect said...

She is DARLING. And you tell her that I will "Take & Bake" her ANY day! Love you guys!