While Jeff was gone, I had a list of fun projects I wanted to accomplish. I've been meaning to get to them forever, and being alone every night for almost 2 weeks seemed like the perfect excuse. I figured it would give me something to do and look forward to, and would help the time pass more quickly. Even at that, it's amazing how long it still takes. By the time I had the kids in bed asleep every night and the rest of the household chores finished, I usually just wanted to go to bed myself, but between some late evenings and nap times I was finally able to finish.
Project 1
We have a huge entry way with ceilings about 20 feet tall, and I needed something that would help fill up the space. I've seen variations of this idea and thought it would work perfectly. I actually found a really nice board at Home Depot in the 'odds & ends' section for .63 cents and had it cut into 10x10 pieces. The one board did 14 pieces, plus about six more different sized pieces. Pretty good deal to me! The project took a little time between painting, mod podging, finishing, and hanging, but I was happy with how it turned out and it cost me a grand total of about $5. Now I just need to take down the coat rack (there when we moved in) and finish with an entry table and more decorative items.
This one gives a better idea of the size when you can compare it against Matthew. (And I love how he's playing with my glue gun...don't worry, it's off)
Project 2
I love my kids' artwork, but I don't love it taking over my fridge (can anyone relate? :) Plus our toy room had a big wall of empty space, so I figured this project would help solve a couple problems at once. The kids love coming home with their artwork, and putting it up on display in the toy room. I think it adds a fun touch to the room, and the kids can rotate the pictures. When one piece has had its time, it is either scanned or saved if it's particularly special, or it goes in the trash. The hardest think about this project was pulling apart and putting together the clothes pins, but the whole thing only cost me $2. (Sidenote: I did not choose the paint colors in the house. All the rooms were painted when we moved in, and I haven't decided whether it's worth the time to repaint 6 rooms when we won't be here too long anyway....)
Project 3
I was really excited about this one. I saw a similar fabric flower on a craft blog (Make It and Love It) and knew it would be the perfect thing for Emily's room-well, her side of the room, she shares with Matthew. I used boards from my previous project, and found some fabric on sale that matched her crib bedding perfectly (even though the flowers look a bit bright in the pictures, they really are a perfect match). It was so fun to put them up on the wall, they look a little smaller in the pictures than they are in person, but they really brighten up the room and make it look so cute. This project cost the most, but still ended up only costing about $6 total.
11 comments:
Love all of these ideas! You just need to come over to my house so we can do crafts together! So cute!
Your projects turned out great and look like you bought them from Target or something! Great job. And no, it is not worth your time or money to improve someone's property ...especially if you aren't going to be there long. Just my 2 cents, couldn't resist :)
I love your blog Angela! I hardly ever comment, but I do keep up and I love seeing what your cute family is up to.
Your projects turned out great! I especially love what you did with the entry way... I have a similar empty space so I may have to steal this idea! I also love how you spruced up Emily's wall. Violet is in a blue room too, and I actually love it, especially with added pops of pink and other colors.
Wow Angela!! Those projects turned out great! You are so talented! I can tell the kids love them too! :) Glad Jeff made it home safe from his trip. What a neat experience for him.
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it all! I have seen the flower idea and I like your better.
Nice work!!! I need some creative juices. It adds a lot to a wall.
i really wish i could hire you cute girls to help decorate my place. it all looks wonderful!
Okay - make me some of those flowers!!! I LOVE THEM! Why don't you live here - I have no crafty in my - well, witch crafty but that doesn't count!
Look at you go! I love all your projects.
I love every one of your projects. They all turned out so great and i love how thrifty you are. i especially love the flowers. i need to make some of those. i'm redecorating both girl rooms and those would look great in Allie's room. tutorial please??? i just painted jaycee and addis new room and its light blue and i love it. you're one talented gal.
Very cute! Is it scrapbook paper on the boards in the entryway? I love the blue with the girly crib too!
Post a Comment