For Jacob's birthday party this year, we decided to continue with a baseball theme. The invitations were fun to put together, and Jacob just handed them out at school to all of the boys in his class. I knew we had the potential to have our house packed full, but I didn't want anyone not to be invited. Fortunately it worked out that there were other sports and activities going on that Saturday so we only ended up with 8 boys (11 counting ours) at our house on Saturday. All I can say is 6-7 year old boys are CRAZY! It was a lot of fun though!
I didn't get very many pictures- it was too busy trying to keep everyone entertained and contained! We did play some fun games though. The first was dissolve the baseball (Alka Seltzer), with both teams trying to dissolve their ball with a water gun.
The "Base" game was a game I altered from one I remembered playing in grade school. One person was the umpire, and the boys would choose a base (1st, 2nd, 3rd, home, pitchers mound) to stand on. With his back turned, the umpire would randomly choose a base and everyone standing on that base would be out. The object was to be the last one in the game and that person would become the new umpire.
We also played 'Baseball Bingo' and finished up our games with a pinata. It was a good thing Jacob got a bat for his birthday the night before because that pinata did NOT want to break!


For lunch we served pizza, hot dogs, chips, pretzels, soda, and popcorn. We had baseball cupcakes and licorice for dessert, and sent home peanuts & cracker Jacks with a few other things in their prize sacks. I'm sad I didn't get more pictures because it really did look so cute.
The boys brought some really nice presents, and all I can say is that Charleston Heston and NRA would have been happy campers at this party- Jacob got enough Nerf guns to supply the whole group.
The hit present though, was a couple of Hex Bugs. I don't know if anyone else has seen these, but they are the coolest little robotic bugs. As soon as Jacob opened the gift, he had friends offering him all their money if he would give them one. I've also discovered that these little bugs are perfect for entertaining my little kids- although Emily did start to worry, holler, and shake her arm when one 'crawled' up her sleeve and got stuck there! It was pretty funny.
t was a fun afternoon and I think all the boys had a pretty good time. It was nice to actually get to meet a few of the parents as well. I wish I would have had a picture of the whole group, but at the end of the party the boys were having too much fun running around with their balloons. 
1 comment:
sounds like an awesome party!
Post a Comment