Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Happy Birthday Matthew

Matthew turned 3 years old on October 19th! I don't know what happened, but three seems to be this magical number where all of a sudden our little guy seems like such a big guy! He has just really grown up a lot over the past couple months. He talks so well, and really has a funny sense of humor. He'll crack little jokes and say things he knows will make everyone laugh. He thinks he's just one of the big boys and loves to tag along for everything they do. I really think the younger kids grow up faster because they're trying to keep up with their older siblings.
Matthew had a great birthday this year. The biggest surprise of all was when aunt Lacey decided to take a little road trip so she could come and surprise the boys for Matthew's birthday. She came and stayed with us for a few days and it was so fun!
For Matthew's birthday, we did a few fun things during the day and I let him pick out a special treat at the store when we picked up last minute things. He requested a Diego cake-a definite favorite interest at the moment- and the boys loved helping me decorate it.
For dinner, we had pizza per Matthew's request. After dinner Tammi, Kenlee & Kaden came over to open presents and have cake and ice cream with us. I think it's the first time in a long time we've had family around to celebrate a birthday with. It's so fun to have family around! It was funny to watch Matthew when everyone sang to him, he would start singing along with the group, then he'd get really shy and run away to hide. We were all laughing at him.
He got a 'Rescue Pack' just like Diego's.
He got some really fun presents and was feeling pretty cool that evening with all his new fun toys. Finally, we cut the cake. Again, he was being pretty shy when we all sang to him, but he was pretty excited to blow out the candles, and then everyone else took turns blowing out the candles too. When I tucked him in that night, I asked him if he had a good birthday to which he happily replied, "Yes!" Happy Birthday Matthew!

Matthew obviously had better things to do than pose for pictures....I was lucky to get one with him looking at the camera.
Showing off his new pajamas from grandma and his rescue pack- he loved both.

1 comment:

Joey and Michelle Chandler Family said...

I'm glad you finally have family close too! Matthew is such a cute little boy. I love the picture at the top. So handsome.