Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Student Wanna-Be

The person who had the hardest time with school starting for everyone was Matthew. It's mainly because he feels left out that he doesn't get to go too! In the mornings, he'll pull out backpacks, put them on and tell me he's ready for school. Even in the early hours of the morning, he likes to get up with the other kids. It's not uncommon to have a minor meltdown when we drop off Jacob in the morning, or when he gets on the bus. The hardest though, is taking Caleb to preschool because I have to take Matthew and Emily in with me. Then Matthew sees all the fun toys and kids, the worst is the fish, and wants to stay and play. I just keep telling him he has to be older, but that doesn't stop him from asking to go to preschool. :)

Sleepy boy still in pj's all ready to go to school. I love the bed hair! :)
Backpacks are also great for Matthew for another reason. Matthew can literally be classified pack-rat. He loves to tote all his little toys, belongings, and cool things around with him all day. He'll fit as many toys and things into his bag as he can. The backpack comes in handy for this. Sometimes I have to check through his items, because he'll take things that might have been left out- even if they're mommy or daddy's important things. This is a good example of a typical day for Matthew. It drives Jeff and I a little crazy because he takes toys all over, but he'll probably grow out of it at some point and then I'll probably miss it, so for now we just try to keep it under control.
I'm sure glad he's not old enough yet though, because of his late birthday, he'll have three more years before he starts kindergarten. I do think he enjoys getting more attention with the other boys are away at school. It's nice to be able to spend some one-on-one time with him. He keeps pretty busy doing his own little things

Reading stories is a favorite (notice his pack & collection of toys...)
Following me around and being my little
buddy.
Playing outside, and finding bugs. "Rodie-Podie's" are his favorites.
And taking good care of Emily...most of the time. :)
I'm glad I get to keep this little guy home with me for a while.

1 comment:

Joey and Michelle Chandler Family said...

This sounds so much like Joseph. He is so sad when the girls go to school. He always tells me he wants to go too, but, like Mathew, he's got a long time to wait with his September birthday.