Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Track Star


I think this picture is so funny- she has a perfect start position.
We're sure this means she'll be a track star someday ;)

Look out, Emily is ready to take on the world! I was really hoping she would be slow to crawl, slow to walk, pretty much just slow to grow up.... but as we're really starting to see, that isn't going to be the case with this one. At 6.5 months Emily is crawling all over the house, crawling up the stairs, pulling things out of cupboards, getting into everything-especially things she shouldn't, and can pull herself up to standing. I know it's only going to be a matter of time before she starts to take those first steps.

Into Mommy's purse AND speaker cords at the same time
Having fun with her brothers during our move...forget her toys- box hideouts are much more fun!
It's still funny and a little crazy to watch because she's still just so tiny. She doesn't seem big enough to be doing all these things. We've had some early walkers, Jacob was 8 months, Caleb was 9 months, and Matthew was 10. I was hoping Emily would follow the pattern and not walk until at least 11 months. That probably won't be the case unless I just carry her around everywhere and not let her try to walk. Why does the baby have to grow up so fast? The boys love to watch her and encourage it, but I just want my baby to stay little for a while!

6 comments:

Caity said...

Sure sounds like she'll be walking soon! Super cute pictures and that first one really is funny. It'll be so fun to show her someday when she is that track star :)

sara cardon said...

What a beautiful baby!! Those eyes!! She must get the track star genes from her mom.:)

jor said...

WOW! Your kids did all walk early! Sounds like she is trying to compete with her brothers already :)I love the track start picture...so cute!

Cordell and Sarah said...

She's such a cutie! Can't believe she's so mobile already. My last two weren't even rolling over at that age.

Joey and Michelle Chandler Family said...

Cute pictures of Emily! I love the first one and the last one.

Austin & Shawnee said...

So cute! She'll be a hurdle star just like her mama and aunts. I love, love, love it.