Saturday, June 19, 2010

3 Months

Look who's three months old already!
3 Month Stats:
10.4 lbs (5th percentile)
23 Inches (20th percentile)

-Emily is a busy little girl! She rolled from her tummy to her back at 1 week, and just rolled from her back to her tummy at 2.5 months. I can put her down on a blanket, come back in 5 minutes and she's completely off the blanket.

-She's still a great little sleeper and loves being on her schedule.I can put her down even when she's awake and she'll put herself to sleep.
-Emily's sleep habits have been such a blessing. Especially while I'm alone with our four busy kids without a husband.

-She still loves to suck her fingers, I'm still trying to keep the pacificer going.
-She's pretty content just laying on her tummy on a blanket, especially if she's around the family. She seems to like to watch all the action around her.

-She loves her brothers. They're some of the best at getting smiles out of her.
- She loves to be outside.
- She has the cutest little coos and giggles. We love to make her laugh.
-Emily had her first cross country drive this month and did amazingly well. She normally doesn't enjoy being in the carseat, but we were happily surprised at what an angel she was during the 1.5 day cross country drive.
-I'd say she's got a pretty impressive travel log for a 3month old baby!
-She's really starting to use her hands well and tries to grab at toys and things that catch her interest. She loves the sequins on my sister Lacey's shirt and kept trying to grab them.

-I still think she has the most adorable toes and feet. I can't get enough of those baby toes.
-Sometimes I wonder how I went for so many years without a daughter. When I was younger I used to say I wanted to have all boys, but I'm so glad I had the chance to have a little girl. She has been so much fun and we all love her!

Emily also has a new little cousin! Lilah Rose McConnon was born on Tuesday, June 15th. She's the first child of my sister Kristie and her husband Tom. We were so excited to find out we were both having little girls so close in age. We all think they're going to be best little friends!
(Lilah at 2 days old- isn't she a little beauty)



4 comments:

Michelle & Steve said...

What a cute girl. Crazy that we just had these babies 3 months ago and now you live across the country already! Change sure comes quickly! But maybe not so much now for a while...

I hope you are settling in well. It will be fun to read how you adjust to your new place & new life in the West.

Perfectly Imperfect said...

You forgot the "cute" stat - she is in the 101 percentile! Love that darling baby!

Kimber Menssen said...

I love the pictures of Emily on her blue blanket with her pink bow. What a cute little girl! I can't wait to see you guys soon. Love ya!

The Manwarings said...

What a sweetheart! I am so glad that your move went well! I bet that is quite a thing to have to do with four little ones!