Thursday, June 10, 2010

Kickin' Back

Once we finally arrived in Boise on Tuesday night, it was so nice to kick back and have a little down time. My parent's house has gotten more quiet over the years as kids have grown up. Dad, Mom, Lacey, and Cole all have jobs right now so it's pretty quiet during the day, but I sure didn't mind have a few days of not going anywhere. The first few days pretty much involved playing outside in the big yard, making forts in the trees, playing with Carly, and enjoying the sunshine. The kids were in heaven, especially after having a few months of being cramped up in a small apartment and I loved it too. The best though, was the afternoons when everyone would get home from work. The kids love spending time with grandma and grandpa and Lacey and Cole.
(Grandma and Matthew at the Fun Days Parade)
One of the favorite activities was when Grandpa would pull out the rip-stick and give rides. I'm impressed he could ride so well with the boys on the board. I can barely do it alone. They had some pretty good games. It's a good thing my mom is so easy-going too. I don't know many people who would let their grandkids tear up the kitchen on a rip-stick. It was definitely pretty entertaining to watch.

The kids love playing games, especially with grandma and grandpa. Some of the favorites are Uno, and Mr Mouth. They've gotten to be pretty good and are always trying to push their bedtime back so they can fit in a couple more rounds.
My dad loves to take Emily and just walk around with her. I catch them pretty often together walking around the house or outside in the yard. Emily really seems to enjoy spending time with grandpa (and everyone!)
I think Emily has enjoyed having time to just play at home, rather than being in her carseat!

Another one of the favorite activities is hanging out with Uncle Cole. The boys love to watch him play games on his ITouch, and RockBand. Usually when the house gets really quiet, I can almost always count on the boys to be with Cole watching him play games. Maybe I should pick up on video gaming. :) They've tried their hand a few times too.

Playing outside in the yard. They love to set up the little pool and play outside.
A few have endured some sun burns from playing outside too long. :) (Dad got his from taking the boys fishing on the lake)
It was so nice to finally be home. When Jeff finishes and can join us, it'll be just about perfect!

1 comment:

Austin & Shawnee said...

Yeah! I love all the pictures, especially the rip stick pictures. I tried to explain it to my mom, but now I can show her. She'll be excited to see it.