It was a rainy afternoon, and after watching the boys run about 100 circles through our walk-though kitchen/dining/living room I told them they all needed to go play together in their room, and then shut the door so they could enjoy some playtime together and Jeff and I could try to have a conversation.
They were doing great together…too great. I soon realized it was getting awfully quiet, and although every mother loves moments of quietness, any mother knows that ‘too quiet’ for ‘too long’ spells trouble. It didn’t take too long before we found out exactly what was going on.
Apparently the boys thought it would be much more fun to go outside and play in the rain than it would be to stay inside. And because we live on the downstairs level, the outdoors are easily accessible (which can also be a good thing- such as when mom doesn’t have keys to get inside and can just climb through the window). Long story short, the boys climbed up on Jacob's bed, Caleb opened the window and pushed out the screen, and then he and Matthew climbed out and went looking for the biggest puddle they could find.
Jacob was the encouraging onlooker/Benedict Arnold who supported the whole thing, and them ratted out the other two once they were out playing. I think maybe he thought he could avoid punishment if he didn’t actually go outside…nice try.
I’m pretty sure we would have figured it out even without his announcement considering the big open area is right in front of our big window. It was a surprise to look out and see them running around in the rain. 

Even when I went outside to get him, he thought he was pretty funny and just tried to run away. How can you resist taking pictures and getting a little laugh though? These boys definitely keep life exciting!
5 comments:
That's a great story! It's funny how the oldest acts all innocent ;). Do we have wild little boys or is it just the age? Rather than walking around a puddle, Joseph walks toward puddles and right through the middle of them. I'm sure your boys were having a blast until they were discovered! That was funny.
ha ha ha! I've heard this exact story a few times...all from mom's with all boys:) hee hee! It's a classic! I'm glad they were 'discovered' and that you were able to snap a few pictures to remember it by:) How funny!!!!
What smart little boys :) They are too funny! I'm glad you found them before they wondered off too far.
Haha!!! Even funnier!
That's hilarious! I love the pictures of Matthew, so happy in his puddle ;)
Post a Comment