Friday, October 30, 2009

Halloween Part 2

Friday was the day for school parties. Caleb had a preschool party in the morning. He was so excited to wear his ninja costume. It was fun to go and watch his little class do their Halloween parade in their costumes and sing some songs for us.

Matthew thought it was great to join the preschool kids, but for some reason when they started playing the music for the kids to march around to, both Caleb & Matthew ended up getting scared about something and neither of them wanted to walk around. They came and stood behind me looking like this. (Maybe it was the 'Monster Mash' :) I was really surprised, that’s not like them at all!

Good thing they got over it quickly. It was still fun, and Caleb ended up having a good time. He couldn't wait to tell me about all the fun things they did.

During the classes, it was fun to have a little time to hang out with Matthew. He’s a busy, but fun little buddy.


Later on that afternoon, it was time to go watch Jacob’s parade and class party. They bring out all of the kids from kindergarten to 4th grade and they march around the school yard while the band plays. It was definitely loud, but a lot of fun to see all the kids in their costumes.
Jacob had a big smile the whole time and was excited to wave at us. The trick was keeping Caleb & Matthew right by me, they would rather run off and play with all the kids. Fortunately, they found some friends to stand with.

After the parade we went to see Jacob’s class party for a little while, and then we all headed home a little early. It was definitely an excitement packed day!

I tried to get a picture of the boys together when we were leaving and this is what I got. It cracks me up. Matthew is looking off who knows where, and the 'bright' sun is just too much for Jacob and Caleb to handle. Apparently even an overcast day is too bright.

2 comments:

Perfectly Imperfect said...

Super cute. I tell you, kids act different on Halloween. I'm not sure if it is the sugar or the scary costumes or the wandering around begging for things - but Anna was done after one street - she came home and helped me hand out the candy. She is even my social butterfly. Whatever - I'll take it!

Amber said...

Ang... I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT YOU ARE PREGNANT.... actually I can, but I am so excited for you. I haven't checked your blog in a while and little do I see but a little tiny bump. You are freeeaaking amazing with how good you look with your FOURTH baby. Can you please spread the wealth?? Haha,.... so what is it then, you must of had your ultra sound today righ? (Nov 2nd) or did they bump it back even farther? How frustrating... well good luck and can't wait to hear your big news.