There are always enough activities going on around Halloween that it's easier to write about it in parts. Thursday night we had the annual ward Halloween party. It's fun to get together with ward members and see all the creative costume ideas. It's also nice to have a lighted, warm, indoor part of the holiday too!I wondered how Matthew would do that evening considering he was completely out on the couch just a short while before it was time to put costumes on, plus he's never been a fan of wearing a costume, especially ones that involve hats on his head. He threw a pretty impressive fit when I put the cute little lion outfit on him, even fruit snacks didn't distract him from his mission of pulling off the mane. Eventually he gave in, he probably just realized that it wasn't coming off, but he was actually really good the rest of the evening. Hopefully he'll tolerate it again for Halloween.
This year, Jeff and I went as bugs. I was a ladybug and Jeff was a bee. The costumes were pretty simple and easy to put together which is always nice. I thought it would be fun for the boys to bugs as well, but they were pretty happy with the costumes they already had. Maybe next year...






This year, Jeff and I went as bugs. I was a ladybug and Jeff was a bee. The costumes were pretty simple and easy to put together which is always nice. I thought it would be fun for the boys to bugs as well, but they were pretty happy with the costumes they already had. Maybe next year...
The full effect with the cardboard wings & stinger.

Caleb as a ninja, Matthew as a lion, their friend Colin as Wolverine, and Jacob as Spiderman. Not much of a theme for the kids, but it works!

There were some fun activities for everyone at the church. Jacob and Caleb enjoyed doing the cakewalk and collecting the yummy rice crispy treats afterwards.

Matthew had a good time at the coloring table, we weren't too surprised.

After the activities, the kids enjoyed walking around doing the trunk-or-treat through the church. It's always fun to see everyone going through those tiny hallways together. It was a fun evening, and the boys all had a great time. I even got to bring home this cute little jar of treats. Somehow I managed to win the "Guess the Candy Corn" game guessing 263 candy corns compared to the actual number of 258. Not too bad!

Halloween festivities to be continued...
1 comment:
I just thought of something my dad would say - and yet, I can't stop myself from saying it anyway... "Halloween totally BUGS you!" I know - :I - you can't even laugh at that because it is so lame - sorry.
I have to say that Brad and I had the ultra fun idea to make our WHOLE family pirates for Halloween. No way. We have three witches, one ninja and a Celtics fan. That's it. Gone are the days of dressing alike. As soon as your children make one decision, that's the end of your ever getting to have a say!!!
Post a Comment