I love watching our boys together. They can be rough and rowdy, wrestling with each other, teasing, running around and being crazy. Sometimes it’s all I can do to keep them off of each other! But they can also be so sweet and loving to each other and I know they love being together. It’s especially been really fun with Matthew getting older too. He thinks he’s just one of the big boys and loves to tag along with Jacob and Caleb. He’s not afraid to jump right into the middle of whatever they’re doing. In fact, many times it’s Matthew going after the older ones trying to tickle them or chase them. Lately, the boys have decided that they like Matthew to sleep with them in their beds. Matthew loves to crawl into their sleeping bags with them, pull the covers up, and lay there with them. I usually humor him for a while; I’ll let him sleep with them while we read stories, say prayer, or tell stories; but then I put him back in his bed for sleeping…he’s never happy about that. But he amuses himself by throwing his cup out of the bed and watching the older boys retrieve it for him. This is usually the point where they start to think it’s funny to fill up his bed with blankets, pillows, and clothes. At this point, Mom has to intervene on their fun, make threats, and put them all back to bed, but I can usually hear them laughing together as I leave, and it makes me smile. I’m sure grateful for these busy little boys. I’m going to be sad when the day comes that I’m no longer tucking my babies in for bed, getting them drinks, taking them potty, and telling them to stay in bed. I’m even somewhat dreading the day when we won’t have the excuse of a small apartment to keep them all in the same room together. I love their sweet, close brotherhood. These are precious times and memories.



1 comment:
I love hearing that your boys are close and love eachother so much. I hope my children will end up being close/ best friends.
Gina
Post a Comment