(Written Saturday)
It’s conference weekend this weekend, and I’m really excited. It’s nice knowing we have a weekend where we kind of have to stay around. Of course, we did find the time to have some fun this morning. The weather has been all over the place lately, and this morning it happened to be extremely windy so we decided to take advantage of it and go fly our kite.
The boys have been wanting to do it forever. I was able to go for a morning run, and met up with the family at the park. It was a little chilly with the wind, but we had a blast. All three of the boys loved running around chasing and watching the kite. I loved watching them laugh and get so excited.
Eventually Matthew discovered the roller-hockey rink and decided he wanted to go play over there. I admit it was pretty nice, there was no one else using the place so he had full reign to run around to his heart’s content and it's a big but nicely enclosed area. He found a ball that had been left behind and was happy to throw it, chase after it, pick it up and repeat the entire process over and over.
Towards the end, Caleb decided to come over and join us for a little while. Matthew and Caleb had fun together, and even took a moment to snuggle up together underneath the goal. I thought that was sweet.
We finally decided it was time to head home so we could watch conference, and I think the boys had finally gotten cold and hungry enough that they were pretty eager to run to the car without too much of a struggle.
1 comment:
Conference is great isn't it? I loved your "Brothers" post. I think it's great when kids share a room - No matter how many bedrooms a house has!
Post a Comment