Monday, January 12, 2009

Jan 4th-11th Review

This week has been a long one. It’s mostly been a good one and we’ve had fun together, but the first week back from vacations always seems long! Part of it is because Jeff had to work his first full week of work after having two 3-day weeks in a row, another reason is that we’ve been going to bed way too late and it makes it difficult to start the routine all over again when you’re already lacking sleep. Has this past week been long for anyone else?


Highlights; good, bad, or otherwise of the week include:
- Sunday dinner with Kohler family
- 'Hangover-like' headache Monday morning when Matthew was ready to get up at 6am
- Various visits of "the grumpies" to everyone
- Playing Hulabaloo as a family, and just the boys
- Despite plenty of cooking time, somewhat crunchy baked beans for dinner Thursday night with chocolate chip cookies for dessert
- Working with the boys, Jacob & Caleb doing great!
- Sometimes non-existent naps for Matthew
- Jacob telling me, "Thanks Mom, you're the best." Caleb adding, "Yea Mom, you're the best."
- Matthew's sweet hugs

- Lots of snow, shortened Church meetings, and unnecessary setting-up of room for Sunday School
- Missionaries for dinner

- Friday night "date" with Jacob and Caleb at home while Jeff slept on the couch
- Football games
- Reading books with kids
- Matthew's new favorite toy-the rice maker, he pulls it around by the cord like a puppy on a leash, and plays with all the accessories
- Sunday dinner with Slade family


As all weeks go, we had our share of ups & downs, but I'm sure grateful for a sweet family.


*Jan 4th-11th

6 comments:

teresa said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one that thought last week was brutal. I couldn't understand why Glenn's first week back was already so tough! It looks like you guys still had a great week, and the pictures are adorable!

Sorenson family trio said...

It is nice to get back into a routine after the holidays. I do miss all the extra time I get with Bryan and the family but I always have a tone to catch up on after words. So I guess it is a little bitter to come back to all the neglected stuff.
Gina

The Tanners said...

I wish I was there to play and stuff...all the fun kid stuff. I miss you guys. I love you and can't wait to see you in a couple of months. Grandma/Mom is sooooo excited! We all are! I love all of these pictures of my cute/beautiful family.
Love,
Grandma Tanner

Joey and Michelle Chandler Family said...

I don't know why but my weeks been a little long too. I guess the business of Christmas and the holidays kind of leaves you with not as much to do as before. I feel like I've been lazy this week, that's for sure.

The Manwarings said...

I have to agree with being a long week! We have also had many late nights at our house. I hope this next week will be a better one for you! :)

Perfectly Imperfect said...

I feel for you. Adjusting or REadjusting to things is hard - especially when you have had too much sugar and not enough sleep -which the Holidays seem to perpetuate! I hope this weeks rundown is more like - naps for everyone EVERY DAY and romantic date with Jeff while the kids were watched by someone else and Sunday dinner with the Rhineharts!!! Love You!