Friday, January 16, 2009

Baby It's COLD Outside

Jeff walked to work this morning in -16 degree weather. It's been freezing here! The high today is supposed to be 10 degrees, when you factor in the wind chill it will be below 0. I find this a perfectly good excuse to stay inside all day! Preferably with a cup of hot chocolate and a warm blanket. We were out running errands last night, and just thinking of being outside again makes me want to turn my thermostat up to 80. Global warming? Not buyin' it.
I am seriously ready for summer! I can't wait for the day when I'm going to be sitting outside, sweating, and wishing for a snow cone. (I'm sure I'll look back at this entry sometime in August and feel differently). I know there are many other places much worse than ours, but for me this is COLD!


HERE IS OUR WEATHER FORECAST/WARNING for FRIDAY

... WIND CHILL ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 1 PM EST FRIDAY...

ARCTIC AIR CONTINUES TO GRIP THE REGION. WINDS SHOULD STAY FAIRLY LIGHT OVERNIGHT... GENERALLY IN THE 5 TO 10 MPH RANGE. WINDS SHOULD INCREASE TO 10 TO 15 MPH DURING THE DAY FRIDAY. WIND CHILL TEMPERATURES OF -10 TO - 20 DEGREES ARE EXPECTED... MAINLY DURING THE DAY ON FRIDAY.

A WIND CHILL ADVISORY IS ISSUED WHEN WINDS COMBINE WITH VERY COLD TEMPERATURES TO CREATE DANGEROUS CONDITIONS FOR EXPOSED SKIN. THE WIND CHILL IS EXPECTED TO BE COLD ENOUGH TO CAUSE FROSTBITE IN ABOUT 30 MINUTES OR LESS... AND COULD LEAD TO HYPOTHERMIA IF PRECAUTIONS ARE NOT TAKEN. THOSE PLANNING TO VENTURE OUTDOORS SHOULD USE COMMON SENSE AND DRESS WARMLY... MAKING SURE THAT ALL EXPOSED SKIN IS COVERED.

5 comments:

teresa said...

Brrr! My thick blankets and fuzzy socks never looked so good! Stay warm!

Holly Sanders said...

i'm sorry, but I really don't miss that windchill--it's a nasty little bugger!

Ash and Becky said...

I DO NOT miss that weather! I had to ride the bus to work and then walk six blocks from the bus stop to get to my building. And of course on the coldest and wettest days, it always seemed like I waited for the bus the longest after work! Brrrr! Stay inside and keep warm!

The Clayton Family said...

That is pretty cold. I should know...I live in Vegas now and it gets freezing out here...;0). You can mock me when I can't go outside in the summer. We miss you guys a lot. You look GREAT Angela, as usual.

Debbie said...

I agree! I can't wait for summer. I don't leave the house unless I have to it is so cold and it's colder where you are!