Sunday, January 25, 2009

'Gertie-Simon-Frosty' The Snowman

Jacob and Caleb have wanted to build a snowman forever. It’s been cold enough that we’ve put it off for a while. On Saturday, it was a beautiful sunny day and Jeff took the boys out to finally build a snowman. Our snow has slowly been melting, so they didn’t have much to work with. In fact, I was surprised they were able to build one as big as they did. Jeff would push snow over and they would pack it together.

They had such a good time playing together. When they finished the snowman with a face, arms and scarf; Caleb insisted on finding a hat. We found a little toy that would work for a hat and as soon as we put it on him, Caleb said, “Now I want him to talk.” I guess he’s convinced that Frosty the Snowman was a true story. It was kind of funny. When it came down to a name for the snowman, Jacob wanted ‘Gertie’ and Caleb wanted ‘Frosty’. They ended up naming the snowman, ‘Gertie-Simon-Frosty’. Big name for such a little snowman, but I think it fits him well. I’m glad the boys have such a fun daddy who loves to go out and play with them. They all had a fun time playing together.

1 comment:

teresa said...

You guys are so cute! It's nice when you can turn a cold winter day into a fun snow day!