
We enjoyed the rest of Jeff’s break after Christmas. Friday we spent a lot of the day getting the house back in order and putting things away. There was more playing with the new toys, Jacob and Caleb really started to figure out their new cameras and have been our non-stop photographers. The cameras are really pretty fun, they’re easy for the kids to use, and they can take pictures, and videos as well as ‘clip-art’ pictures (allowing you to put funny hats or backgrounds in your pictures), and even have a couple games like tic-tac-toe. It’s been funny to see what they’ve come up with so far.


Jeff and I were also able to find some time to get to the apartment complex’s gym. It’s not much, a couple treadmills, one bike, one stair-stepper, a sit-up bench, and one multi-function machine, but it’s definitely better than nothing. I felt pretty wimpy running & calling it good at just under three miles. It was a decent pace,

We also had a couple movie tickets so we decided to take the boys to the movie, “Bolt” it was in 3D so we got some pretty nifty glasses to wear too. I don’t remember the last time we took all three boys to the movie theater, but it was pretty fun. Even Matthew sat pretty well during the first part of the movie. He was definitely ready to be moving around by the end though, luckily the row in front of us was empty, so we weren’t worried about him disturbing others. We had a good time, but I was reminded of why we don’t go to the movies very often…they’re expensive! I sure would love to have a cheap theater around here.



It was nice to be able to get out of the house, and the weather has actually been pretty mild lately. We had quite a bit of snow, but most of it disappeared Christmas Eve after we got a bunch of rain. It’s been raining on and off over the past few days. I was sad to see that the radio stations aren’t playing Christmas music anymore. I know it’s been a couple days, but it’s always sad to see the end of such a special and fun holiday. I finally brought myself to actually put away the Christmas tree and decorations this morning.
We’ve also loved being able to visit with our families on the phone. They’re pretty busy enjoying each other, playing games, and keeping busy, but it’s fun to be able to squeeze in a 15 minute phone call here and there.
3 comments:
Sounds like you had a great Christmas break with Jeff home. We did miss you guys though. We love seeing the pictures of the kids. Thanks for the fun toy you got David. He loves pushing the buttons and hearing/dancing to the music of Farmer in the Dale. He also likes hearing the diffrent sounds of the animals.
Love,
Gina
It looks like you had an ejoyable Christmas. I wish you could be closer too and look forward to the time when you are closer to your parents (and the rest of us ;). The cameras are a great idea! My kids love taking pictures with my camera and it would be nice to let them play with their own. You guys are nice AND brave to take your kids to the movies! (We should try that sometime...I just know how much those 15 month olds like to sit still....) Anyway, we miss you guys and hope you have a Happy New YEar!
cheap and theater are NOT two words that go together. Even if you pay $2.50 for the movie the drinking fountain costs $17.90 and getting someone to scrape your shoes off the floor so you can leave when the movie is over is another $34.89. I do love the specs though!!! Happy New Year!
Post a Comment