Monday, December 22, 2008

Welcome to the Ward

Saturday morning I checked my phone and realized I had missed a call. Turns out it was from the bishop of our new ward. I returned his call and also left a message. He ended up calling back Saturday night while I was out shopping. He said he had missed us last week (I related our humorous car-trouble story) and had wanted to visit with us after church. Then he said he usually doesn’t do this over the phone, but with the weather being bad, he didn’t want us to have to drive all the way to church, and he wanted to give us a calling. Then he asked if Jeff and I would be willing to be the Gospel Doctrine teachers. We were sustained on Sunday, and I will start teaching next week.(Jeff and I will alternate each week) I’m a little nervous for this one. The funny thing is I had just been saying to Jeff about two weeks previous, that I was glad I wasn’t the gospel doctrine teacher. I guess it’s a good lesson not to talk about unwanted callings out loud. I'm nervous, but I think it will be a good learning experience.

4 comments:

Monte and Brittany said...

thats awesome good luck with that.
i was telling monte that i didnt want to be called into that calling. luckly i just got a calling into the nursery. and plus montes incharge of teachers. cuz hes the sunday school president so i wont let him call me! hahaha.
but good luck! im sure youll do great!!

Perfectly Imperfect said...

Brad wishes he was married to Jeff! He loves to teach Gospel Docterine. How long are you in this ward?

Amanda said...

I had that calling at Ricks...it was difficult for me. I'm sure you guys will do great!

Caity said...

I totally know how that goes! You'll do great!