Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas! We had a nice relaxing day at home this year. It was kind of nice knowing that we could just relax at home all day without having to go anywhere or do anything. Other than Matthew, who was ready to get up at 6:30am, the boys slept in a little later than usual. We finally made our way into the living room at about 8:30. The kids were pretty excited to see their stockings stuffed, and pretty wrapped presents on the couch. We watched Jacob and Caleb open their gifts and helped Matthew with his- he was happy wandering around playing with random toys and getting into some cereal that Santa had left. We sure felt spoiled by grandparents, and family members who sent gifts, toys, pajamas, and clothes. Even though we didn’t get to see our family, we sure felt loved by all their thoughtfulness, and sweet cards.

Some of Jacob’s favorite gifts: camera, watch, cars, blocks, & books. Some of Caleb’s favorite gifts: camera, water animals, cars, & books. They both loved their ‘moon sand’ and their CTR super-capes from Aunt Tami. Some of Matthews favorite gifts: ball, puzzles, cars, egg toy, books, and treats.

After the boys had opened their gifts, they were pretty content to play together with their new toys. There was one toy in particular that was easy for all three of them to play with together that they really enjoyed- a little Mega Blocks car set with tracks & a couple little cars. They played pretty well and Jeff and I opened our gifts while watching them play. Jeff got some nice clothes, shoes, pajamas, some fishing/hiking/snow gear, a massager, and some other various things. He also picked out a few new movies. I got some clothes, a new dress, pajamas, slippers, necklaces, and some other fun things. I do have to laugh, Jeff actually got me a pair of skinny jeans. I tried them on, Jeff thought they looked cute, but I think they’ll be headed back to the store anyway. I just don’t know if I’m brave enough to wear them out of the house.

We also learned that tin foil makes a great substitute wrapping paper. We ran out of wrapping paper on Christmas Eve, so Jeff ended up wrapping most of my gifts in tin foil. I thought they looked nice.

It was so fun to enjoy the rest of the day together. The boys watched one of their new movies, Kung Fu Panda. We played with toys, books, and games; and a few of us even enjoyed some naps. We had a pretty casual dinner of French toast, and Jeff and I finished off the evening watching a movie together.

I’m sure grateful for my sweet little family. There is nothing that brings greater happiness. I’m grateful we could celebrate the birth of our Savior together.

5 comments:

Matthew and Elizabeth Dykman said...

Angela. Sorry to take so long to get back to you. I didn't realize you had a blog. It is very good to hear from you and you look very happy! Happy Holidays and keep in touch!

Perfectly Imperfect said...

Sometimes the quiet Christmas's are the best ones. I'm glad you enjoyed yourselves and I am happy that you fit into your skinny jeans! Aren't blogs the best - now you can remember this Christmas forever!!!

teresa said...

I'm so glad that you guys had such a nice Christmas. We will most likely be spending Christmas as a family in Philly next year, so hopefully we can enjoy ourselves just as much!

Amanda Stevens said...

Ang and Jeff,
It was not the same without you and we thought of you often. We caught up with your siblings in the YMCA...would have loved to have had you there. I think skinny pants are designed for long legged women like you, so go for it. Have Jeff get you some boots to match. We missed the little boys. Glad you are taking in all of the holiday moments and making them memorable for your family. Have a great week. I wish I could run with you, even if it is only a couple miles. I'm still a couple weeks out according to the Doc!

Caity said...

Looks like fun! Cute pictures.